Monday, January 11, 2010

Old Love


I am sitting here listening to the song my husband and I had played at our wedding 15 years ago. It is the most beautiful love song I have ever heard. It is "I Cross My Heart" by George Strait. It is from his movie, "Pure Country". We have been down a long trail together with many changes, some wanted, most just happened without our knowledge. I wish we could go back to where we were in 2005. Sadly, you can't go home again. It gets complicated. I thought this third time down the marriage walk was the real thing.It seemed to be a good idea at the time. I wonder if I know what is the normal thing or if there is such a thing as normal. It is worth of bit of pondering but I have gone from mellow to morose and it is time to stop. You can love more than one man at a time. It just depends on the degree/depth of the feelings and why. My advice, look long, have a long engagement, and carefully ask his friends and exs about him. Sometimes, we change for someone new but most of the time the changes are just on surface. God bless you and yours.

4 comments:

Margaret said...

Hugs.

Susan Pollan said...

Love you much My Jawja Sista !

Margaret said...

Squish!

Unknown said...

HEY...WE GOT BACK TOGETHER IN AUGUST 2012...STILL TOGETHER...STILL ROOMMATES AND ENJOYING OURSELVES...NO MORE MARRIAGE FOR ME...WE GET ALONG GREAT..WITH A FEW TIFFS...BUT NO CONTRACT...IS WORKING, WORKING...WE DO NOT TAKE EACH OTHER FOR GRANTED AND WE ARE IN OUR 70'S NOW AND HAVE DECIDED TOO OLD TO CHANGE TOO MUCH AND AFTER 20 YEARS TOGETHER...TIME TO DECIDE WE EACH ARE GONNA STAY TOGETHER AND LET THE ROUGH EDGES DRAG...lol..

Powered By Blogger