Friday, August 17, 2007

FOOTBALL (OR HOW TO CARRY A COW PATTY ACROSS A PASTURE)

I love football, professional and college. I am a mean machine fan. I love the Colts. I love the Georgia Bulldogs. I have a photo of UGA over my bed. He is so ugly he is cute. I have a stuffed animal UGA hanging from the rear view mirror in my red Ford F150 truck. I have red T shirts with that boy's photo on it. My hubby has 2 hats with UGA on them with a fierce looking UGA emblem. I eat, sleep, and dream football. My heroes have always been the Falcons but not anymore.

I may give up being a football fan all together...probably not. I am so sick at heart and mind over all the thugs and crooks and down right bad guys we have on the teams today. If they are not drunk driving, causing fatal accidents, shooting girlfriends, beating up girlfriends, getting girlfriends pregnant, being poor players and human beings, they are just plain thugs out and about creating havoc with too much money, no common sense, and too little morals.

I have been following the articles about Michael Vick, to give an example. The name even sounds great off the tongue. Michael Vick as in Victory, Victor. He just sounds like a winner. He looks cool and dresses cool but sometimes acts like a fool. This boy, man, whatever makes more money for hauling that little pigskin 100 yards or even throwing it 20 yards, and yet, he doesn't seem to have the sense of a Georgia gnat when it comes to using his brain. He runs with his homeboys from the old neighborhood where he grew up and because of a God given ability to run fast and throw a football, almost true every time, he worked his way out of the ghetto-like living environment. You would think the man would be happy and thanking God for his gifts and the fortune he is making throwing a cow patty (pig patty) around the pasture outback. If I were a man,which I don't want to be, with his talents, I would surely be thanking the Lord and my Mama and Daddy for giving me their best genes when I was a wee little baby in the womb. Wouldn't you?

Naw, this man, boy, or dude whatever you want to tag on his name today, gets his posse of neighborhood friends and family and forms a dog kennel, Bad Newz Dogs, or something like it, and raises dogs to fight to the death in a pit on his own property in the great state of Virginia. It makes you wonder if the man has smelled to much cow or pig manure and lost some of his brains cells. The property has a beautiful home with a nice stand of trees and in a private area only the rich can own nowadays. The illegal dog fighting is seemingly bad enough, however, word gets out on the street, when one of his dogs loses, the dog is subjected to a horrible and malicious death..a murder in fact. The dogs are shot, hung, electrocuted, beaten and buried in the cold ground on the man's property. Another glaring reason to doubt his intelligence, it gets worse.

As it often happens, somebody in the posse, or a disgruntled dog fighting money loser, got loose lipped or just dropped a dime on the man from Flowery Branch. The Feds got to investigating, since illegal dog fighting is a Fed crime, and lo' and behold, they are on the man's property and starting to digging up bones and carcasses of these poor unfortunate losing dogs. I stopped counting in the 30s and then, surprise, they found a dog fighting pit on the property. This man just gets smarter and smarter with every turn of events, yeh? The Feds start issuing warrants and indictments and come after the "football sheriff" and his posse in droves.

Believe it or not, his good old boys and family, turned on him faster than a dog can lick his butt, and copped a plea deal for themselves. I believe they call it "state's evidence" in legal terms. Seem there ain't no loyalty among thieves and dog fighters when it comes to a choice between the "showers" at the prison and snitching on a friend and relative. No soap needed here, dudes, you made a clean breast of things without it. ROFLMAO!

We are all holding our breath today to see if the man or the boy stands up in court and admits his guilt and takes a plea bargain himself, or if he defiantly requests a jury trial, which is certainly his right. After all, the man is innocent until proven guilty in a court of law. He is a dog owner and we need to give him and the dogs the benefit of the doubt. I believe his past record speaks for itself. A water bottle with concealed pocket for some sort of substance which he would not give to the Fed inspector at the airport without an argument. His digits were displayed in the manner of a f--K "bird" or "flip off" to the many fans who booed him as he left the playing field after a bad game. One of his posse was driving Vick's truck and when stopped by the police, was caught with.......well, you get the snapshot. He keeps repeating the phrase, " I am innocent and it was all a misunderstanding." By whom is what I say?

As we all wait, with solemn faces, for the outcome and perhaps the end of a football career, which was beginning to become lackluster at best, we can be assured our beloved football game will survive this latest debacle by another player. Does that mean he gets to chunk the ball again, only the commissioner knows the facts, and after all, he said just the facts, man, just the facts will decide Vick's fate. In due time , justice will prevail, on and off the field of play. You don't overshadow a money making, fan based, product like pro-ball, or other sports, and leave with a full set of marbles in a sack. Does anyone remember the Braves "Rocker?"

*** (UPDATE: 8/25/07 Mr. Michael Vick is past history in the NFL, dog fighting business, and is soon to be an inmate at a prison according to his plea agreement. Good for the game and good for the country.) We will carry on in the football realm!

I hope this man has finally learned his lesson of you don't bite the hand that feeds you and you don't disrespect yourself, your game, or your fans and backers..ever! Maybe, God will forgive him and give him another opportunity to make things right! I have decided, I still love me some football, yes, indeed! See you on the playing field or in front of the big screen TV! Pass the PBR, Bud and the finger sammwichs! After all, I am a woman and I love my ham and cheese, chicken salad, and pepperoni bites! Miss Martha Stewart I ain't!

Remember to pass along the love and kindness in your life as bread on the waters.


Hugs, Peaches

1 comment:

SavRed said...

I think the Falcons will have a good chance of going 0-16 this year.

Although I am hoping the team pulls together without Vick and makes Sunday afternoons at least a little interesting.

Powered By Blogger